Kelsey N. Parker
University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS Ottawa University, Kansas City, KS
B.G.S. in Applied Behavioral Science K-6 Teaching Licensure
Specialty: Early Childhood Education Graduation: May 2013
Concentration: Communication Studies
Graduation: December 2009
Gateway Playhouse-Christmas Spectacular, Long Island, NY - 2009
• Performed in a cast of 12 skaters including International and
World Competitors Alexa Scimeca and Derek Delmore.
• Choreographed by Sports Agent Tara Modlin (Clients- John Coughlin, Sarah Hughes and more).
• Notable Skill- Backflip
Double Gold Medalist - 2002
• Moves in the Field and Freestyle
US Figure Skating Developmental Team - 1999
• North American Challenge, Kitchner, Ontario- represted the
United States of America in Novice Pairs with partner John Coughlin.
US Figure Skating Nationals, Boston- 2001
• Novice Pairs qualifier with partner John Coughlin
US Junior Figure Skating Championship - 2000
• Intermediate Pairs, 5th with partner John Coughlin
RELATED COACHING EXPERIENCE
Blue Valley Northwest High School, Overland Park, KS Fall -2009- Present
Asst. Cheerleading Coach- teaching the fundamentals of cheerleading while encouraging
teamwork, community service, self-discipline, time management, respect and school spirit.
Choreographing assembly and competition performances as well as supervising games.
Communicating with parents and teachers on a daily basis.
Rock Chalk Revue, Lawrence, KS Spring- 2008-Spring-2009
Director- while working with five other directors, we created a competitive thirty
minute musical that was performed at the Lied Center. The event helped raise over
$60,000 for United Way.
Dance City and the Spirit of Kansas, Lawrence KS Fall - 2006- 2009
Gymnastics Instructor- coaching both group and private lessons for children ages
3-16 while staying in constant communication with their parents outside of class.
Pepsi Ice Midwest and Fitness Center, Overland Park, KS Spring - 2003-Fall 2011
Figure Skating Instructor- coaching both group and private lessons for all ages
while staying in constant communication with their parents outside of class.
Lorrie Parker, Mother
• ISU Championship Judge (World/Olympic), US Figure Skating International Committee Chair (2007-2010), USFS Selections
Committee Chair (2011-present)
Margrete Anne Holt, Grandmother
• World Pairs Competitor, ISU Championship Judge ‘92 Olympics, ‘94 Olympics
Hugh Graham, Uncle
• Former President of US Figure Skating
• Former USFS Hall of Fame President